- Tips for writing an acceptable resignation withdrawal letter
- Factors to keep in mind before writing a resignation withdrawal letter
- Samples of resignation withdrawal letter
We all have had moments when we simply decide to resign from our jobs without any further thoughts. And in some extreme scenarios, we also often drop a resignation. However, you might realise your mistake of writing that resignation after some time.
If you are also in a similar situation, then a resignation withdrawal letter would be the best solution. After realizing that resignation wasn’t the right thing to do, it is better to request its cancellation without any embarrassment. Most employers often understand the situation and accept your request to withdraw the resignation.
Tips for writing an acceptable resignation withdrawal letter – Although there are no fixed rules for writing a resignation withdrawal letter, you should still try and follow the resignation withdrawal letter format. Here are some of the tips that can be followed for writing resignation withdrawal mail to manager:
1. Specify your reason clearly – It is always better to specify the exact reason for writing the job resignation withdrawal letter. Support your withdrawal with genuine and supportive reasons.
2. Be polite – While writing the withdrawal letter, remember to be polite even if the circumstances are unfavourable
3. Highlight your expertise – Describe how your expertise and skills will be an asset for improving the organisation’s productivity
4. Mention your contact details – Add all your contact details in the end so that your manager can easily reach you to complete the formalities
5. Apologise – It is recommended to apologise for the inconvenience caused while writing a simple resignation withdrawal letter.
6. Be open for future positions – Make it clear that you will be delighted and open to accept any future openings in the organisation; if your withdrawal letter isn’t accepted
7. Keep it brief – Finally, remember to keep your resignation withdrawal letter brief. Also, proofread it thoroughly before submitting it to avoid any unwanted mistakes.
Factors to keep in mind before writing a resignation withdrawal letter –
Now, soon after you realise your mistake and you start writing resignation withdrawal mail, it is essential to consider all the essential factors. Interested in knowing?
Here are a few factors to consider before writing a resignation withdrawal letter:
1. Check your company’s policy: The first thing you should consider is checking your company’s policies. Go through all the policies related to employment and resignation withdrawal letters.
If you don’t find anything related, you can talk to the HR department or your manager.
2. Know and understand your rights: Writing resignation withdrawal email is not a common practice, but it is not the rarest. It is still a defined policy in many organisations. Thus, it is recommended to check and understand your rights as an employee to get complete justice.
3. Talk to your manager/HR: This can be a little embarrassing, but it is also one of the most reliable ways to continue your employment. Before you write a resignation withdrawal letter, explain the entire situation to your supervisors for better chances of acceptance.
4. Collect supportive evidence: To strongly present your case, it is suggested to back your statements with solid and relevant evidence. For instance – if you have applied for resignation because of bad health, you can present a doctor’s report indicating a recovery.
5. Maintain your performance: Dont slack on your performance even after applying for resignation. If not surpassing your past performance, at least maintain your performance level. This will showcase your commitment to your work.
Samples of resignation withdrawal letter –
It can be a little confusing to add so many things in a single resignation withdrawal mail or letter. Don’t worry, have a look at the sample resignation withdrawal mail to clear your confusion and for better understanding.
1. Simple resignation withdrawal letter
Let us begin by looking at a simple resignation withdrawal letter.
Subject: Resignation Withdrawal Letter
I am writing this to withdraw my decision of resignation from my post
So, I request you to kindly ignore my resignation request and accept this resignation withdrawal request.
I will be really grateful for this regard.
We hope you would have got a clear idea about the resignation withdrawal letter format.
2. Resignation withdrawal letter due to salary increment
The second case is writing a resignation withdrawal letter after salary increment. Here is its sample
Subject: Resignation Withdrawal Letter
I am writing this in reference to my resignation letter dated <date>. I want to request the cancellation of my resignation letter as the management agreed to my salary increment request.
Due to my financial conditions, I decided to resign from my current job, but as the management understood my situation and agreed on a salary hike, I would like to cancel my resignation.
I wholeheartedly thank the management for this decision. I request you, please cancel my resignation and allow me to continue with my responsibilities.
3. Resignation withdrawal letter after acceptance:
How to write a withdrawal of resignation after acceptance? Here’s the sample to consider:
Subject: Resignation Withdrawal Letter
I am writing this to bring to your kind notice that I submitted my resignation letter on <date> due to some unforeseen reasons. But now I understand my mistake.
Due to my bad luck, my resignation letter was approved as well. But I want to withdraw it. So, I kindly request you to cancel my resignation and allow me to continue with my current job responsibilities.
I shall be really thankful for this regard.
4. Resignation withdrawal letter to school
Resignation withdrawal letters are not just limited to organisations but can also be submitted to schools. Here is a sample of a simple resignation withdrawal letter to school:
Subject – Requesting for Resignation Withdrawal
This is to bring to your kind notice that I am <your name>, teaching <subject> to <class>. I have applied for resignation on <date> due to some personal restrictions, but the situation is much better now.
So, I would like to withdraw my resignation. I am currently serving my notice period, which will end on <date>. I would request you to kindly consider my request to cancel my resignation and allow me to continue with my duties.
It has been a great opportunity working for the school, and I would like to continue working here. I shall be really obliged for your consideration.
This is also a perfect example of a withdrawal of resignation during notice period sample letter.
We hope we have covered enough information to help you write resignation withdrawal mail for various situations. It takes a little bit of courage and understanding to take the right steps to write resignation withdrawal mail to manager with better chances of acceptance.
1. What is the appropriate time to write a resignation withdrawal letter?
The resignation withdrawal letter is generally written after you have resigned from the company but wish to continue with your duties. It is best recommended to write it within your notice period.
2. Do the employers consider a resignation withdrawal letter?
Depending upon your experience, performance, and organisational behaviour, the employer has the right to consider the withdrawal of resignation after acceptance.
3. What to do if the withdrawal of resignation is not accepted?
If your resignation withdrawal email is not accepted by the management, you should be prepared to apply for new jobs as there is nothing much that you can do. You can try negotiating with the current employer for some mutual agreements.
4. Does writing a resignation withdrawal mail affect your position in the organization?
It majorly depends on your relationship with your manager and teammates. Writing a resignation withdrawal mail does not affect your position, but you should be careful not to be repetitive with making this mistake.
Create Your Free Job Alert
Related PostsView All
For any college pass-out or someone who does not have any prior job experience, one thing that haunts them the most is ‘finding a job’. Which company to choose, how to search for jobs, which is the best position and there is just so much to consider....Read More
Uttar Pradesh- According to Chief Minister Yogi Adiytanath, Uttar Pradesh is the securest destination for acquisition, with a proposal of investment worth INR 33.5 lakh crore acquired at the Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023. Unlike before, ...Read More